Central New Jersey Council
Trails-end Website Questions
I can’t log in to the leader’s page on the Trails-End website.
- If you are having difficulty logging in (message states unit not found) the leader’s page on Trails-End website, you need to make your unit number a 4-digit number, for example unit 13 login unit as unit 0013; unit 4 login unit as unit 0004.
I need my log-in information for Trails-End.com!
- If you need a log-in, please contact Brian.Dungan@Scouting.org with your name, unit #, district, e-mail address (this will become your username), address, phone number, and position in unit, if applicable. A log-in will be generated for you, and a confirmation will be sent to your e-mail address.
What is the difference between Show-n-Sell and the Take-Order sale?
- With Show-n-Sell, your unit can order popcorn by the case in anticipation of the amount of popcorn you will sell. The popcorn is available to you earlier than with the Take-Order sale, in order for you to sell it in front of a store, in your church, etc. You can return the popcorn you do not sell on the designated day at the Council Office. (See the Show-n-Sell webpage for more information.) For some units, the Show-n-Sell is a great way to sell popcorn, while other units prefer to only order the exact amount of popcorn they need when their order forms are turned in.
Do you have table signs for the Show-n-Sell?
- Signs are available at Program Launch, popcorn training, and whatever is left will be available at the warehouse during popcorn pick-up.
How do I know how much I owe the Council?
- You will receive an e-mail or a phone call from the Council Popcorn Coordinator or your district executive with your total.
When do I pay for my unit’s Show-n-Sell Order and/or Take-Order?
How do I make a change to my order?
- You can make a change on your Show-n-Sell and Take-Order until the order due date. See the Popcorn Calendar on this website.
- Changes after the due date may or may not be able to be made. Please contact Brian Dungan at the Council office at Brian.Dungan@Scouting.org.
Can someone get a receipt for the military donation?
- Scouts can hand out the military donation thank you card to anyone purchasing either the $30 or $50 donation. This serves as their receipt for tax purposes.
- Please visit Popcorn Forms on this website.
I just received another order. The deadline has passed. Can I still get this popcorn?
- Once the Council places its order with Trails End, it cannot be changed. In order to get the popcorn to your customer, the Council will try its best to fill the order from what is left over after the popcorn is distributed to all our units.
- Orders placed after the Council places its order do not receive commission.
- Payment for orders submitted after the deadline are to be paid for when you submit the order..
What if I need to pick up my popcorn early?
- You MUST contact your district executive to make arrangements to work at the distribution center in order to pick up your popcorn early.
- Payment for Take Order sales picked up early must be submitted at the time of pickup.
What if I didn’t get a call about my pick-up time?
- Did you check your e-mail? Did you check your spam folder?
- We may not have your updated contact information. Please e-mail your District Executive to schedule a time and give us your updated information.
I missed my pick-up time. How do I get a new pick-up time?
- Call your district executive to set up a convenient time for you both to pick-up your popcorn. NOTE: Your unit's commission will remain at 30%.
Can I return opened cases?
Show-n-Sell - Unopened cases and individual packages may be returned to the Council by the due date. However, opened product will not be accepted (i.e. you can return 5 boxes of Unbelievable Butter Microwave out of the 6 in the case, but you cannot return an opened 15-pack).
- NOTE: Sweet & Savory Collection, White Chocolatey Pretzels, Premium Chocolate Lovers, Dark & White Chocolatey Drizzle, and 8-Pack Unbelievable Butter are NOT returnable. In order to sale these items during the Show-n-Sell you MUST complete the waiver.
- Take Order -
- Unopened items can be returned if it was a Council error.
- Be prepared to show your unit's order form against the signed warehouse distribution form.
- Unopened items can be exchanged for items of equal or greater value, if there is additional popcorn available, within a 2-week period after the distribution date.
- It it the unit's responsibility to place their orders acurately.
- It is the unit's responsibility to check their orders at the distribution warehouse and ensure it is signed off by both their representative and a Council representative.
- It is the unit's responsibility to deliver their orders promptly to resolve any issues within the 2-week time period.
How much Popcorn Can I Fit in My Vehicle?
Trail's End suggests the following:
- Mid-size car: 20 cases
- Jeep: 40 cases
- Mini-van: 60 cases
- Suburban/Explorer: 70 cases
- Pickup Truck: 90 cases